Finishing Well... Easier Said than Done.

"Just wanted to let you know I was praying for you today to finish this school year strong and encouraged..." 

27 O Jacob, how can you say the LORD does not see your troubles?
O Israel, how can you say God ignores your rights?
28 Have you never heard?
Have you never understood?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of all the earth.
He never grows weak or weary.
No one can measure the depths of his understanding.
29 He gives power to the weak
and strength to the powerless.
30 Even youths will become weak and tired,
and young men will fall in exhaustion.
31 But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:27-31 (NLT)

10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me.
I Corinthians 15:10 (ESV)

"Don't waste your life being negative...

These were the words that flooded my morning!! Whew what a way to wake up!! Does my Heavenly Father know I need a hug, words of encouragement, and a kick in the pants to finish my school year strong or what?! The particular school I work for is wonderful in so many ways but we are the last ones out by far (I am not starting summer until sometime around 4pm June 11th) in our beautiful NW Arkansas. Where creeks, lakes, and good old fashioned summers are just begging me to come play! So needless to say my attitude has really been lacking the past few days. I know I am not alone in these feelings of "please just let me out of this building surrounded by concrete!!" Actually I think those thoughts are more like SCREAMING from my very core! This morning though I was humbled.... to my very knees, begging God's forgiveness on my impatient heart. Are you like me? I get so caught up dreaming of what my life will look like in a month, 6 months, a year... and forget the GIFT of what is better known as my LIFE RIGHT NOW! No my life right now is not glamorous, its filled with messy end of year clean up, students that are physically in my class but mentally at the lake/pool, and tears from my sweet blue eyed Hudson while he is saying "Mommy please stay with me, don't go!" on my way out the door (he seriously broke my heart today). I just wanted to drop my stuff and say "absolutely Mommy is not going to school"! Alas.... I cannot.

So what does God do?? He places these reminders right in front of me... reminding me that each day He has a plan for my life, an intentional plan. Today its to be at school with my students, cherishing each moment God has allowed me to power in to these young adults. God reminded me that I need to make the most of this time, I have no idea how or if my time with them will be something they look upon as good memories but I do know that each student is in my class for a reason. I know that God planned each student to be in my room, not a program or counselor, my Heavenly Father knew I needed them and they needed me. So with these words of Scripture and encouragement I am plunging into my last few moments with them. Determined to be extra aware of the opportunities to shine the Light of Jesus into their lives.

So where are you today? Are you home covered in laundry, dirty dishes, and crying children? Are you in an office, a cubical, or alone?? God planned this day for you, the people you will deal with today he put there for a reason. be encouraged that perhaps God has chosen you, YOU and only YOU to be the Light of Jesus to them. Don't dread your day, LOOK for the gifts God has planned for you throughout your day today... Seek them out! Somedays they are nothing more than yummy coffee, smile of a stranger, or the good parking spot (LIKE A GIFT FROM HEAVEN RIGHT??). 

Be encouraged friend! don't let your circumstances  blind you to the truth that this day was perfectly planned by Your heavenly Father for you! Go find the treasures he has embedded in it...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It all starts with the heart...

Laundry Lessons

Joyfully Present